The aim of Personal Development (PD) in our academy is to enable young people to:
- Gain knowledge and understanding about the basis of cultural heritage and the development of different communities within the United Kingdom and local communities
- Develop self-confidence, decision-making skills, debate and empathy, enquire about the differences, injustices, rights and responsibilities within their own and the wider community
- Gain an appreciation of the necessary part students play within the community of our school and how this is reflected in the wider community
- Learn about institutions, issues, problems and practices in our democracy – including economic processes and develop awareness of personal and economic well-being
This will include: relationships education, alcohol and drugs awareness as well as financial responsibility and careers guidance.
Exams and Assessment
This is a non-examined course. Regular assessment of students’ work will take place and the outcome of this will be seen in student reports.
Potential Pathways (Post-16)
The PD programme will give students a broad skills base to augment their further studies into Post-16.
Potential Career Routes
PD will develop the following key employable skills needed in the modern workforce:
- Considering reasoned arguments and question assumptions
- Understanding the processes of change in society and its institutions
- Drawing together, analysing and critically evaluating information
- Communicating concisely, clearly and accurately with others
- Using ICT to research, identify and present information
- Managing time
- Taking on responsibility for your own development, responding positively to critical feedback, interpreting, using and evaluating data
Contact Nick Wilson: [email protected]